Tuesday, September 29, 2009

christmas is JustRite around the corner

so isn't it lucky i have a cool new JustRite christmas set to inspire my holiday cards? i chose the 3.25" christmas stamp ensemble. it comes with 6 center icons and 6 round borders that can all be mixed and matched together. i tend to work kind of biiiiiiiiig, so i like that i can make it the centerpiece of a card. it's a great size to make tags for packages, too! another great thing is, it comes with the wood mounting block included, so it'll work with any other 3.25" JustRite items i acquire later! ;)

on my first card i've used the snowflake center and border, to stamp in vivid blue on some basic grey holiday paper. i punched a few nice big snowflakes out of the same pattern and had a blast inking, distressing, and adorning them with little pearls before affixing them to my card:

(justrite 3.25" christmas stamp ensemble; patterned paper: basic grey, ki/love elsie; cardstock: core'dinations; pearls: kaiser: inks: psx, colorbox; other: vintage silver metallic ribbon; adhesives: tombow mono runner, uhu gluestick, 3m foam tape)

for my second card i only used the center element, to stamp "merry christmas", then i cut out the circle and mounted it onto a slightly expanded snowflake punch... (it's cut & taped at the back so my greeting would fit in the center!) ...i used the custom embellishment as an accent to this fun vintage santa illustration:

(justrite 3.25" christmas stamp ensemble; patterned paper: ki/love elsie, we r memorykeepers, k&co, plus an illustration from a vintage children's book and some red glitter giftwrap; inks: staz-on, bazzinks; adhesives: tombow mono runner, 3m foam tape)

ok, so clearly i am going to need to make a few MORE of these...which i will show you as they are completed, but can i just say how very *PSYCHED* i am to be working on christmas cards at the end of september?!! thank you JustRite and thank you mr. christmas mojo!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. I am barely working on Halloween and you are preparing for Christmas. Good for you! I hope you avoid the card making frenzy you had last year...though all of those cards were amazing, you know :) I am so glad to see your blog post titles are back to your usual clever play on words. You make me smile.

    You may already be aware, but I posted some Daniel Craig news on my blog post yesterday. (I rode the train to NY Friday and Sunday...I waved to you as I went through NJ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥shut up♥♥ I love them both BUT absolutely adore the vintage santa one......oy vey soooooooo stinkin' CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love LOVE the santa card. So adorably cute!! Makes me want to shred up some vintage kids books. Well... at least make copies of the images and make cards out of them like you do!! :) Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! *Love* that blue one! Of course, I'm partial to blue. :)
    Santa is pretty cute too!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~