Monday, January 18, 2010

one of the coolest things that's ever arrived in my mailbox

it's a thank you card from the amazing tracy, and it made me laugh so hard that i made startling noises, and then a slightly absent-minded computer programmer leapt on me and wrestled me to the ground.*

caption reads, "the horse found these accommodations more pleasing than the last bathroom he'd occupied"

if you've never read douglas adams' ghost/horror/detective/time travel/romantic comedy/epic, dirk gently's holistic detective agency, you're not going to get the joke, and it would really be sort of impossible for me to explain it to you, so i'm not even going to try. if you HAVE read dirk gently's holistic detective agency, you already do get it, and stopped reading about a paragraph ago, due to extreme hilarity. :)

either way, i am sure you are admiring the beauty and elegance of tracy's gorgeous hand-drawn horse; the lovely way she's turned a drawing, a photo, and a few bits of ribbon & paper in to a card that's as lovely as it is amusing; and the fact that said equine masterpiece also adorns the envelope in a way which should have (but alas, did not!) given me a clue as to what awaited within.


♥♥♥♥♥
bravo, missus p!
(i'm glad you liked it!)


*neither of these things really happened; they are jokes that relate to the book. i'm sorry this post has so little to offer non-douglas-adams-fans. tomorrow there will be papercrafts, or at least a silly cat, i promise! in the meantime, i do highly recommend dirk gently's holistic detective agency, available at fine booksellers everywhere.

6 comments:

  1. Never seen that so I don't get the joke, but the horse is great.

    Hope you have a great Monday!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the joke, but you had me smiling at 'the amazing tracy' and of course, the Tracy card itself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was wondering when I saw a horse in the bathroom - my absolute favouritest D.A. book EVER. Am paranoid as for years streetlights went out when I was nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it took me over 15 years of reading to ALMOST finish the hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy series, so this other series of which you speak is not even on my radar, but I BELIEVE YOU! (sorry i am so out of it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get the joke. Yet. I just ordered it from paperbackswap.com.
    I'll let you know when I come back and laugh.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~