Friday, August 26, 2011

JB35: midas touch

you know that friday, being jingle belles day, is my favorite day of the week. and fridays on which we have a lovely guest star are obviously my favorite fridays. this week that star happens to be miss leslie--one of my very lovely blogging friends; so we're in GOLDEN TIME, as far as i'm concerned!

actually, we're in golden time as far as EVERYONE is concerned because leslie's prompt is called MIDAS TOUCH and she is challenging us to use silver and/or gold with white and/or cream.

well shoot, there's nothing hard about THAT, i use metallics all the time! what's that you say, leslie? you mean we're using ONLY silver and/or gold with white and/or cream, and NO OTHER COLORS?! not even black??!?!?! ah. ok, yeah. that's a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit trickier!!! :)

but still really, realllllllllllly fun!

(patterned paper: pink paislee, chatterbox, paper co, anna griffin; transparency: creative imaginations; silver metallic chipboard letters: mambi; silver flower & pearls: michaels; ribbon: may arts; reindeer die & fabric rose: tim holtz; tree die: sizzix; brad: my mind's eye; tiny silver stickers: paperchase; gold metallic ink: colorbox; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, low temp hot glue gun)


ok, so i doubt anyone's surprised that i used EVERY SINGLE OPTION available and worked in multiple shades and textures of each! i did it quite unselfishly, though, and in leslie's honor--because i know she's a crafty rebel who appreciates that sorta thing! (at least, that's my story and i'm stickin' to it!!!)


so what are YOU going to do?! go nuts and throw together every shiny object in the tri-state area the way i did? or be completely refined and elegant--but still glittery as all get out--like miss stephanie? or strike a balance somewhere in between, like our lovely prompt setter leslie? whatever you do we cannot wait to see it, so link up over at jingle belles by next wednesday night! ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Leave it to you Lauren to go gold & silver…and totally rock the challenge.

    This is truly wonderful…great branch embellishment with the pearls by the flower and tree; love that! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luverly!! (as we say in Scouse land) ... But yep tricky ... hmm ... need to think about this ... but great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, this is sooooooo Lauren-y! I LOVE IT! (you rebel, you!:D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, I LOVE this card!!! It's so pretty with so many fabulous things to look at! I absolutely must run to the store today to get that reindeer die... you use him a lot and every time the project is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come to think of it, it's almost Christmas again....
    I love Fridays, have a great Friday Lauren :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowzers! so GORGEOUS! LOVE this color combination! So LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Lauren... this is fabulous!!! Love all the goodies you pile on... that's my kind 'a card! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond gorgeous!! I love this. The first pic made me think it was black letters not silver. So pretty!! I'm amazed and so so Laurenesque!! I'm totally going to have to dig through my stuff to see if I have enough for this challenge. I don't think I have enough midas!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely FABULOUS, Lauren! I so love it! I envy the person who gets this card from you this season...or will you hang on to it for yourself for awhile? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so beautifully done!! You rock the christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. every little bit of this is just gorgeous! i have serious reindeer envy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the most wonderful combinations of embellishments and textures and this one is a beauty for sure. I love that you've mixed those metallics. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~