Sunday, August 7, 2011

you are TOO COOL! ♥

here is a little thank you card i made for my very kind and thoughtful friend miss amanda, who sent me the popsicle stickers i used on it (& a gorgeous card & a sweet note--thank you missus!) just because she saw them and thought of me! happy mail doesn't get much happier than that, right?! ♥♥♥

(patterned paper: sei, prima, creative imaginations, colorbok, doodlebug, mustard moon; stickers: recollections; thickers: american crafts; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

i used the entire pack of stickers (had to be done!)... a bunch of scraps leftover from last week's CCCB card... and this wonderful sketch by francine clouden for write click scrapbook:


i found it a bit belatedly via allison fillo's sketch roundup--and also, my entry is neither simple NOR a scrapbook page-- but that didn't stop me loving and wanting to use it. i printed it to save, as well, and i've a feeling you'll be seeing it again in future!

and now, i really wish i *HAD* a popsicle, it's been very hot here in the northeastern US! hope you are keeping cool enough (or warm enough) and being crafty enough wherever you are, darlings! ♥

10 comments:

  1. That is ADORABLE! Great use of stickers - they're really cuuuuute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Lauren! I planned a card very similar to this yesterday, but I wasn't aware of the sketch lol. As usual, I enjoy looking at a sketch and YOUR interpretation. You are so artsy (in your case that means wonderful.) I really like the way you stitch over your alphas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love all the different bits and pieces you've used and the colours look wonderful all together,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! love the sketch too, may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DARLING! LOVE that border of icy treats!! PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love...gotta love the stitching through those yummy thickers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just the cutest! What a great friend you are and how about Amanda for sending you those cute stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. he-he-he! it's mine, all mine! i love it and it sits beautifully on my desk in my craft room, feeding me daily inspiration! your creativity always surprises me with something wonderful!
    when anna saw the card, she said, "O-M-G! Mommy, I LOVE IT!! I want to do a swap with Miss Lauren!!!" she is such a fan of yours! thank you again for taking the time to make such a special card just for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you make me feel like going to the fridge and get a popcicle right now, and I just got up from bed 10 minutes ago, maybe I have that for breakfast today!
    Such a sweet and yummy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ACK!! I love this. I want some of those stickers. How nice of her to send you those. That card is so cute. I actually touched my stuff today looking for dog stuff. Well... eh... Not sure what I'm doing. Its been so long! Hope you are comfy in your a/c today. Talk to you soon! Greatness!!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~