Wednesday, December 4, 2013

dd03: toys for tots

apparently, my december daily is going to mostly be a record of the things we do every holiday season. turns out, we have a lot more traditions than i realized! one of our very, very favorites? filling a cart at whatever store has the toys for tots drop-off* and then leaving all the goodies in the donation bin. i'm of the opinion that in terms of SERIOUS shopping fun, this is unbeatable; you should try it!

(vintage: xmas recipe page; photo printed on kodak premium high gloss; patterned paper: my mind's eye, imaginisce; chipboard thickers: american crafts; chipboard present: my mind's eye; border sticker: crate paper; deco tape: k and co; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, scotch gluestick) 
page-wise, apparently i'm going to use a lot of 4" instagram pics this year. i've also unearthed a few sheets of christmassy numerals in my stash, and they are coming into play most handily. my favorite part of this is the funky moose guy... i have NO IDEA where he came from, but he was obviously destined precisely for this purpose!!! :)

*all the US branches of toys-r-us have a donation bin, you can also find plenty of local places via the official toys for tots website!

3 comments:

  1. Im gonna use loads of IG pics too! lol Loving ur journal so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my toys for tots sitting in my trunk right now. I need to get to a box pronto. I love this page!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~