Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SOS147: taxman!

good morning, and happy "tax day" to you, if that is not a contradiction in terms? assuming your return is already signed, sealed and delivered to our lovely darlings at the IRS* you've got a bit of extra crafting time now, eh?** so we at shopping our stash have a timely assignment for ya: make a card with numerals on it! as it happens, my youngest niece, madeline, has a bit of a milestone birthday coming up next month; she will be ♥10♥!***

(patterned paper: pink paislee, girls paperie, my mind's eye, october afternoon, prima; diecut banner shapes: october afternoon; glossy white cardstock: paper accents; brads: making memories, america crafts, joann essentials; ink: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

i printed the outline of a BIG numeral ten using wordprocessing software (i *think* the font is embolded times new roman, but i scrolled through a few till i found one i liked!) then i stapled the print out to a piece of patterned paper, cut it out, et voila! instant custom "TEN"! my cupcake was made in a similar manner, though for that i used a little cupcake-shaped mini keychain album, scaling it down a tiny bit to fit better on my card. then i glued everything together and did LOTS of machine stitching before calling it a night.

and now may i remind you that a trip over to SOS to see what the gang has been up to is always guaranteed to delight and inspire?! so off you go, darlings! ♥

*nope, for once i'm actually not being sarcastic, i have the feeling like that'd be a pretty hard job, especially at this time of year!
**not to be a nag, but if your taxes aren't done, possibly blog-surfing is *NOT* what you should doing right now??!
***holy wow, where did THAT decade go??!?!?

8 comments:

  1. Your footnotes made me giggle, lol! I love the banner element, and the amazing stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha your footnotes kill me...luckily out tax deadline is still a few weeks off so I am free to blog surf at will. this is a gorgeous card for your niece!! I wish lived closer so you could give me lessons on how to work your digi magic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card for your neice, I agree with Donna, I could use some expertise. I too giggled at your footnotes. I plan on sorting tax stuff today. I like to get the rush over before I take mine in. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, duh!!! I've never thought of doing a number that way and it came out just perfect! CUTE, cute card and your niece will love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHE IS TEN?!?! Whoa. And that machine stitching around the curves is amazing. I bow down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sigh, so sweet! pink and a cupcake, life doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, your footnotes were hilarious! Now your card, oh Wow! Amazing! You are a sewing Goddess! Look at how perfect those stitches are! Your niece is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, sure to give your niece a smile on her big one-oh day. I love the giant numbers and cupcake.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~