Tuesday, June 24, 2014

betcha can't guess...

...what shade i've chosen to use this week for the "color my world" challenge at shopping our stash. we're meant to make a card or project using our favorite hue. surprisingly enough, i picked pink. i know, i know, you're shocked, right?! :) :) :)

(patterned paper: dear lizzy/american crafts, prima, basic grey; white glossy cardstock: paper accents; journaling card: sei (with the (blue) center cut out and replaced with that banner paper); birthday bingo card and wordfetti strip: october afternoon; sparkly diecut banner: pink paislee; velvet flower: petaloo; ink: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

ok, yeah, it's not exactly a surprise, is it? by now i think everyone knows i like pink... a lot. what can i say? it always looks fresh and festive to me and it always makes me smile. so it's perfect for birthday cards, which i need right now. my stash has dwindled a bit. there are quite a few summer birthdays amongst my female friends and i tend to make fewer cards during ICAD. next year, i need to plan accordingly, by making extras in the spring. note to self.

meanwhile, a rainbow of lovely cards featuring the favorite colors of my fellow DT members awaits you at SOS. why not cruise on over and see 'em, darlings?! ♥

5 comments:

  1. OF COURSE you used pink. I would have been disappointed if you hadn't! You balance out my world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I'm a pink fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty in pink car, Pink is my second pick after pruple but pink is my go to colour for cards. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink? I can't believe it (wink!). Soooo stinkin' delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink? I had to double check where I was ;) I can't love that flowery cupcake more! I think it's funny that (well, for me at least) "real-life" favourite colours aren't my favourite card making colours. I hardly ever use green on cards, but it's my go-to for clothes. And I never ever ever pick pink clothes etc, but I love using pink to craft. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~