Saturday, October 15, 2016

sketchbook... saturday!

at the risk of sounding like a tech idiot, here's something i only just learned, which i'm sure EVERYONE with an i-phone has already been doing for months and years: if you turn on i-cloud photo sharing, you can see all the pics you've taken with your phone... instantly... on ANY device! yes, as i say, i'm pretty sure i'm the only one in the world who was still emailing herself photos, but it's made such a difference to my posting routine that i just had to mention it, on the off chance it would similarly help someone else, lol. as you may have guessed, this is part of the reason that i've been keeping up with my "miscellaneous" art posts so much better. because it's soooooooo EASY now!!! :) so here are a few things i've watercolored with color burst pigment powders recently:

"leaves"
for the #sisters with heart in art instagram group. i found a spiral bound watercolor tablet that i think i bought for a class a couple of years ago, and i've been loving to use wet media in that rather than my ordinary sketchbook... the paper doesn't warp, or soak through, it's really quite heavenly!

"circles
also made for SWHIA, using the new "rich moroccan" shades of color burst, which i absolutely adore: cerulean blue, cadmium scarlet, olive green, burnt umber, and possibly my favorite: gamboge!

"sunshine"
for @fox and hazel's "31 days of watercolour" challenge on instagram


"red"
another prompt from 31 days of watercolour
(you'll have noticed that when i don't know what to paint --or draw-- i make patterns; this is one of my strategies for getting going on later nights when i still have enough energy to do *SOMETHING* but i'm too tired to decide WHAT...) 

"moroccan tiles"
made just for fun, and to practice my shading  

"yellow poppies"
because i hadn't done a floral in ages... and gamboge is my new favorite color!!!!!!!!

our plans for the day include distributing A LOT of mulch, exchanging a pair of shutters at home depot, and getting takeaway from a semi-local church's annual "oyster pork supper"... the latter being one of the highlights of our culinary year. what's on your agenda?

4 comments:

  1. You are one amazing artist! I love all your posts and when I grow up I want to be just like you��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your stick-to-it-tiveness. Your results are stunning. And just saying the word gamboge is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pages! I absolutely adore the Yellow Poppies, so beautiful! I seem to remember that a few years ago someone named Lauren told me they couldn't draw.....must have been a different Lauren....

    Nothing on my agenda could possibly compare with a pork oyster supper, that's for sure. Work, housework and a couple of hockey games for me. Just a normal Sunday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lauren and you're not the only one who didn't know about cloud sharing, I don't even own a phone so my clouds are pretty much non-existent 😁 Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~